Dr. David Tharp, board certified psychiatrist and counselor, and the staff at Stonebriar Psychiatric Services are ready to meet your counseling and psychiatric needs. Offering a broad range of services, including evaluation,
psychotherapy, counseling and medication management. Call us if you are struggling with depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders, ADHD, family or marital issues, compulsive behaviors such as
sexual addiction, post-traumatic stress related to past abuse, or self esteem issues. Service area: Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Allen, Richardson, Prosper, Celina, Denton, Collin County, Dallas, Fairview, Murphy, Carrollton, Anna,
|Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, P.A.
3550 Parkwood Blvd. Suite 705
Frisco, TX 75034
Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy
NEW! We are pleased to be offering telepsychiatry (online) and teletherapy services as allowed by state and national laws.
Telepsychiatry and teletherapy are provided as a convenience to patients at the same fees as face-to-face appointments. Due to
COVID-19, new patients may be seen via telepsychiatry for a new evaluation at the discretion of the psychiatrist, but the government
may require a face-to-face appointment in the future after the national emergency has ended.
To participate in telepsychiatry or teletherapy services you must:
1. Live and be present within the state of Texas at the time of the appointment.
2. Utilize a Texas pharmacy to receive prescriptions.
3. Utilize Doxy.me interface (available as an app or through Chrome) or Facetime.
4. Read, sign and understand our telepsychiatry informed consent listed below (form can be accessed by clicking the link below).
5. Contact our office at 972-335-2430 if you experience any problems.
Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy Informed Consent
Telepsychiatry and teletherapy are the delivery of psychiatric and counseling services using interactive audio and visual electronic systems where the
psychiatrist or therapist and the patient are not in the same physical location. Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, P.A. allows its psychiatrist and therapist to
perform telepsychiatry or teletherapy after the initial face-to-face evaluation, and between annual face-to-face re-evaluations, but only through the
telemedicine service provider Doxy.me, LLC. The interactive electronic systems used by Doxy.me incorporate network and software security protocols
to protect the confidentiality of patient information and audio/visual data. These protocols include measures to safeguard the data and to aid in protecting
against intentional or unintentional corruption. Session fees will be charged out the business day prior to the session, so that Rita has time to contact any
patients who experience declined transactions and give them ample opportunity to submit a new credit card form with a valid method of payment well before
the appointment time.
Potential Telepsychiatry & Teletherapy Benefits:
- Increased accessibility to psychiatric and/or counseling care.
- Patient convenience.
- Ability to maintain Social Distancing during the Covid19 state of emergency
- Ability to maintain care while recovering from surgery
Potential Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy Risks:
could result in the omission of care involving other health problems or possible adverse drug interactions.
- Information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g., poor resolution of video) to allow for appropriate medical decision-making by my psychiatrist.
- Delays in psychiatric evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment.
- Security protocols can fail, causing a breach of privacy of my confidential medical information.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all the information that might be available in a face-to-face visit, but not in a telepsychiatry or teletherapy session,
If I decide that the benefits outweigh the risks, I may request telepsychiatry and/or teletherapy sessions when I schedule follow-up appointments. If my
psychiatrist and/or agree, I will be scheduled for a telepsychiatry and/or teletherapy session, and I will be sent an internet link (to http://Doxy.me) with
instructions to log into the “waiting room” immediately prior to my scheduled appointment.
(1) I understand that all laws protecting the privacy and confidentiality of medical information also apply to telepsychiatry and teletherapy.
(2) I understand that all the Texas rules and regulations which apply to psychiatry and counseling also apply to telepsychiatry and teletherapy.
(3) I understand that my psychiatrist or counselor has the right to withhold or withdraw his/her consent for the use of telepsychiatry or teletherapy at any
time during the course of my care.
(4) I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent for the use of telepsychiatry or teletherapy at any time during the course of my
care, and withdrawal of my consent will not affect any future care or treatment from my psychiatrist or my counselor.
(1) I understand that I must be physically within Texas (including offshore State waters) to be eligible for telepsychiatry, and my psychiatrist can
send prescriptions for medications only to Texas pharmacies or addresses. I will inform my psychiatrist as soon as my session begins of my physical
(2) I will ensure the proper configuration and functioning of all my electronic equipment prior to my session because the computer, tablet, or mobile
telephone I use must have working camera and audio input so that my psychiatrist or counselor can see and hear me in real time.
(3) I will not record any telepsychiatry or teletherapy sessions without written consent from Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, and I understand that my
psychiatrist and/or counselor will not record any of our telepsychiatry or teletherapy sessions without my written consent.
(4) I will inform my psychiatrist or counselor as soon as my session begins if any other person can hear or see any part of our session.
(5) If I lose my connection during a session, I will immediately attempt to log back into the http://Doxy.me “waiting room”.
(6) If the audio I am receiving during a telepsychiatry or teletherapy session is not complete and clear, I will attempt to let my psychiatrist or counselor
know or telephone Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, P.A. to schedule a new appointment.
Patient Consent to the Use of Telepsychiatry
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telepsychiatry. I hereby give my informed consent for the use of telepsychiaty
in my medical care and authorize my psychiatrist to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment. I agree to hold
Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, P.A. and its psychiatrist and therapist harmless from injuries or omissions that may be related to the malfunction or
technical failure of equipment or system encryption. I understand that 48 hours business hours (Friday through Sunday do not count as the office is closed)
are required to cancel a telepsychiatry or teletherapy appointment. I also understand that my session will be charged out 48 business hours prior to when it is
scheduled and that if I no show or cancel with less than 48 business hours, I am responsible for that full fee and no refund will be issued.
We do our best to provide exceptional telepsychiatry services. If you have any complaints or concerns, please discuss them with our office staff, so that we may improve any perceived deficiencies.
Complaints about physicians, as well as other licensees and registrants of the Texas Medical Board, including physician assistants, acupuncturists, and surgical assistants may be reported for investigation at the following
address: Texas Medical Board Attention: Investigations 333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610 P.O. Box 2018, MC-263 Austin, Texas 78768-2018 Assistance in filing a complaint is available by calling the following telephone
number: 1-800-201-9353 For more information please visit our website at www.tmb.state.tx.us. Las quejas sobre médicos, así como sobre otros profesionales acreditados e inscritos en la Junta de Examinadores Médicos
del Estado de Texas, incluyendo asistentes de médicos, practicantes de acupuntura y asistentes de cirugía, se pueden presentar en la siguiente dirección para ser investigadas: Texas Medical Board Attention: Investigations
333 Guadalupe, Tower 3, Suite 610 P.O. Box 2018, MC-263 Austin, Texas 78768-2018 Si necesita ayuda para presentar una queja, llame al: 1-800-201-9353 Para obtener más información, visite nuestro sitio web en www.
|© Stonebriar Psychiatric Services, P.A. | All Rights Reserved